After our siblings went back to the Philippines, my husband and I continued our journey throughout Thailand. We checked out of Orchid Hostel and transferred to another hostel nearer to the Hua Lumphong Station or the central train station that would take us to our next destination. We arrived at Chic Hostel in Bangkok’s Chinatown after lunch and we were immediately given our room. Read on for my review of this strategically located hostel.
- Very near train stations — both the Blue Line MRT, and the Hua Lumphong station, which will take you to Northern and Southern Thailand.
- Easy to find because the hostel is painted yellow and the words “Chic Hostel” are very visible from the streets.
- Has a dipping pool.
- Has common area with several tables.
- Offers self-service laundry for 30-50baht.
- Free cold and hot water.
- Free luggage storage at the first floor.
- Has elevator and stairs.
- Spacious shower rooms.
- Free breakfast is breakfast buffet at the next-door Station Cafe (12th floor). If breakfast is not included in your accommodation, the breakfast buffet is 180 baht per person. The breakfast buffet menu does not change (except for the pancakes, french toast, and pudding). The buffet has ham, chicken sausage, and steamed bacon, eggs (sunny side up, boiled, and omelet), local Thai dishes, noodles and congee, yogurt, muesli, fresh fruits, salad, and assorted Western-style bread.
- No shopping malls nearby.
- Dipping pool and common area were wet and I found them dirty. And the sewer smelled because it was raining when we were there.
- The common area for eating and working, or just hanging out, is serviceable only when it is not raining because it is open (no roof).
- The luggage area was open and could be wet during heavy rains.
CHIC HOSTEL BANGKOK
23/48-51 Treemit Rd., Thaladnoi, Sampanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand
+66 (0)2-237-9984-85, +66 (0)2-237-9989